Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Mummy : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Movie Review

Who would think that a movie starring several big stars in both sides of the Pacific could deliver a relatively disappointing third movie of a mummy brought back to life. Here are the reasons why I feel this movie will be better if they have the following

  • Rachel Weisz - Months before the movie is shown, I heard from the news that she is no longer playing the part as Brendan’s wife. Her replacement did not give the right accent and personally I was hoping to see in the movie.
  • Newer, more original special effects - The thousands of computer graphic generated armies effect is “so last year” and already used on both Mummy 1 and 2. I was hoping something better.

What I don’t like in the ending is that the daughter never talked with his dead father (which sucks) and the special effects with both parents faces forming in the dust flowing in the wind reminds me of the effect they used in the previous movies. I was hoping for something more original but they only had a few that I found interesting.

Mummy Jet Li


But of course, there are parts in the movie that I liked.

  • Jet Li - This is definitely his year. From Forbidden Kingdom, to Warlords and now the third Mummy movie. His role as Emperor Han is impressive and he is appropriately ruthless in this movie.
  • Too bad I can’t think of anything else. Anything to add ??
Overall, I would say the movie is “Predictable” with a personal rating of 7 out of 10. If you have seen the past sequels, you might just finish the trilogy with this one.

No comments: